Sunday 8 April 2007

Nursery Material


For the past week I have been concentrating on getting the nursery sorted... and have been a bit lax on the blogging front. Sorry!

Our soon to be nursery used to be our office/study so now our dining room has been converted into a dinningstudy. It isn't ideal but it's easier than moving (next time we move it will be to a house we buy rather than rent - that's the plan anyway!). Recently my husband and I have spent most of our free time lugging furniture around the house. Or in my case observing Matt lugging furniture around the house... far easier!

I have found some nice nursery material to have my curtains made by my fab mum. It is white canvas with prints of jungle animals on it. In particular a giraffe! They are beginning to be the theme. Poor child. We are going to give him/her a complex about being tall at this rate! Or short... I do have a few jockeys in my family on my mums side.

I found the material in a local (expensive) material shop and fell in love with it. I knew I wanted something bright with giraffes but had struggled to find anything online that was contemporary whilst still being bright. The style seems to be very neutral at the moment, which is good for your front room but not for a nursery I say! The material was £10.25 in the shop and being the bargain hunter that I am I found it online at www.kidsfabrics.co.uk for £8.25. Its called 'Roar primary'. Lets hope it turns up at some point soon...!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic.. I am also wish to decorate my kids room with nursery material so that they feel that good.
Baby jogger city select stroller